It is an old and traditional belief for photographers that action cameras point towards a single direction. But this scenario has completely changed after the invention of the 360-degree action camera, which allows you to get an all-round view from a single point.
We have arranged an abundance of cameras, starting from Go Pros to Osmo Action. We have got a wide range of variety that will give you an ample number of options.
List of Best Action Cameras in 2020:
1. GoPro Hero 8 Black
With the gradual development in technological accessories, it is worthwhile to say that the baton has passed from Hero 7 black to GoPro Hero 8 black. The GoPro Hero 8 Black has got some amazing and heartwarming features for the photographers. This camera is boosted with the latest image stabilization technique, live streaming option and many more other features that we will see in the specification section. If you want to post any picture on Facebook or Instagram, the GoPro Hero 8 black allows you to post it immediately with the help of live streaming enabled criteria.
- Weight: 126 Grams
- Waterproof: 10 m
- Camera Resolution: 720p resolution (Up to 240fps) & 1080p resolution (Up to 240fps)
- Battery backup: 1220 mAh
- Highly customized first-class digital stabilization.
- Preset setting option for time-saving.
- Inbuilt arms for mounting in several non-uniform locations.
- Highly enhanced Mic.
- Not impressive picture quality.
- Bad picture quality in low light mode.
GoPro Hero 8 Black is available on Amazon. GoPro provides users a whole range of streamline applications, which allows users to share and edit your photographs. This is a fundamental action camera that helps beginners to adopt the changes that they witness while using an action camera.
Also Check: Best Gimbals For GoPro
2. DJI Osmo Action
You may have heard the name DJI for producing the world finest drones for consumers; however, this Chinese brand also produces some outstanding and amazing action cameras. DJI Osmo action camera is mostly used by vloggers. This camera has got well-defined image equalization. The image stabilization option is not meant for capturing HRD videos. Osmo action provides an amazing feature for clicking selfies.
- Weight: 134 Grams
- Waterproof: 11 m
- Camera Resolution: 4K videos up to 60 fps, 1080 videos up to 240 fps & 720 videos up to 240 fps.
- Battery backup: 1 hrs to 2.25 hours
- Still resolution: 12 MP
- Front-facing color monitor.
- Enhanced stabilization for motion.
- A high-quality reproduction of color.
- No option for HDR video stabilization.
- No live streaming.
So if you are planning for a short and adventurous trip then you can go ahead with the DJI OSMO action camera.
3. Yi 4k+ Action Camera
Yi 4k+ action camera is the simplest form of action cameras that are available on the e-commerce hubs on the internet. It is worthwhile to say that the Yi 4k+ action camera is good for use on a long trip, that allows you to capture high-quality 4K video and it is easy for Yi 4+ to transfer that picture to your phone. This action camera has got a unique feature that states that it can capture 4k pictures at 60 fps.
- Weight: 93 Grams
- Waterproof: N/A
- Camera Resolution: 4K videos up to 60 fps, 1080 videos up to 120 fps. & 720 videos up to 240 fps.
- Battery backup: 2 Hours
- Still resolution: 12 MP
- Pictures are supportable in JPEG and RAW.
- The interface runs pretty well.
- Customizable and simplest application.
- Sharp videos at 4K/60Fps.
- Location tagging not available.
- No waterproofing protection.
- Mounting is not available.
It is important for us to inform you that this camera is pretty cheap in our respect. A wide range of consumers has stated that Yi 4+ Action camera is way better than GoPro.
4. GoPro Hero 7 Silver
Hero 7 Silver is considered as one of the heck action cameras of all time. The silver fills the void beneath it. Yes, it for sure that you cannot compare it with the GoPro Hero 8 for its high range of specifications but apart from that, this camera is well efficient to serve your purpose very well. GoPro hero 7 silver comprise of waterproofing protection, video recording enabled mode, a sensitive touch screen feature. The most unique feature of this action pro camera is the voice control activation mode. You can instruct the camera without even touching the screen. This is a very fine choice for first-time users.
- Weight: 118 Gram
- Waterproof: 10 m
- Camera Resolution: 4k video up to 30fps, 1080p up to 60 fps, 720p up to 60 fps.
- Battery backup: 1 hour to 3 hours.
- Still resolution: 10 MP
- High-quality 4K video quality
- Hand to hand compatibility.
- The LCD panel turns out to be uncreative at times.
- Limited image control.
The uniqueness of voice assistant criteria adds a favorable demand for this product. It is a brand new technology that is ruling the action camera market.
5. GoPro Max
If you are looking for an action camera that has got a limited range of specifications and it is quite traditional in use. Then GoPro max is appropriate for you to buy. This camera maintains a general range of specifications. The GoPro max comprises two fisheye lenses that are well capable of shooting 5.6K video. If you want to customize the picture then you can crop it to 2D video by using the mode called “Over Capture” software. The GoPro Max is also enhanced with the latest mic for audio ranging criteria. You can shoot in time Wrap mode and this regard it is important for us to state that this camera is enabled with an efficient mounting finger.
- Weight: 163 Grams
- Waterproof: 5 m
- Camera Resolution: 5.6K spherical video up to 30fps, 1440 p 2D video up to 60 fps.
- Battery backup: 1080 minutes for 1400p and 78 minutes for 5.6k.
- Still resolution: 16.6MP
- It comes with a 5.6K and 360-degree video.
- Good for camera stitching.
- Bad in capturing images for 2D footage for low resolution.
- Not at all good for low light.
The GoPro Max is considered as the best waterproof camera along with an efficient 360-degree rotation capturing mode.
6. Sony RXO II
Sony produces a wide range of scope for the photographers after launching the latest and brand new Sony RXO II; Sony has taken the genre of action camera to a brand new level. The unique factor of this second generation Sony made action camera is that- Sony RXO II has a 1-inch sensor boosting feature that can shoot 15.3 megapixel still images. The RXO II can shoot images up to 4k footage at 30fps and 120 fps HD footage. The exceptional use of this Sony made second-generation device enables Soft effect mode with an advanced Eye AF. The Sony-made RXO II is well capable of managing an LCD screen that can rotate in unidirectional mode.
- Weight: 132 grams
- Waterproof: 1 meter.
- Camera Resolution: 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 120fps & 720p at 960 fps
- Battery backup: 2 Hours
- Still resolution: 15.3MP
- Amazing and unique specification.
- The screen has adopted the latest and the most updated version of articulation screening.
- Pretty expensive for the brand name as well as for a high range of specifications.
This camera is perfectly suitable for people who love to go on adventures and this camera adds a perfect combination along with your trekking bag. Yes, this is not at all a rugged camera for shooting a high defined 4 k resolution images. This is the world’s smallest action camera that Sony has launched.
7. Insta360 GO Tiny Stabilized 1080p 30 Miniature Action Camera
“Smaller than your thumb, the camera is ready to record shareable video clips with a single button tap.” This small size is additional for the action camera. Go uses proprietary Flow state stabilization in order to keep the footage impossibly smooth. No need to use gear hassle free just with the buttery action it’s any and ready to share.
- Full HD 1080p30 video, 720p120 slow-motion video – 30-second clips (MAX)
- FlowState 6-axis gyro stabilization, One-tap time-lapse/hyperlapse
- FlowState 6-axis gyro stabilization, iOS/Android app with auto-editing
- Plug-and-play connection to phones for direct video transfer, Insta360 INSV video and INSP formats
Additional features include:
Aperture F2.1, Photo Modes Standard, Interval Photos, Video Modes Standard, Interval Shooting, Timelapse, Hyperlapse, Slow Motion, FlowState (Built-in 6-axis gyroscopic stabilization), Bluetooth Range: 33 feet (10 meters), Video Resolution: max. 1080P. it has image stabilization of flow state that’s built in 6 axis gyroscopic stabilization. Offers a maximum display resolution of 1080 Full HD
After compiling each and every product depending on the specification, pros and cons, price and many other factors, our expert personnel has suggested that DJI Osmo action camera stands to be number one in our list. This product also gives a tough and serious competition for the hero 7 black. If you are a very good vlogger then DJI Osmo stands to be perfectly suitable for you.