Are you passionate about Wildlife photography? Are you an enthusiast of outdoor adventure? Then, we have a wonderful surprise for you to stalk pictures of wildlife in the forest, documenting birds, insects, and plants. We can provide you the best solution to take a close look at nature with an advanced DSLR camera. In this respect, we have sought a listed number of latest cameras which will help you improve your photographic sense.
However, we will serve you each and every single feature of those cameras so that you can minutely understand and choose your required camera. So, let’s see how these cameras will enhance your impressive photo snap at the vast outdoor fields.
Best Cameras for Wildlife Photography – August 2020
|Preview||Product Name||DETAILS||Check Price|
||Nikon D500 DX-Format Digital SLR||
||Check On Amazon|
||Nikon D5 FX-Format Digital SLR Camera||
||Check On Amazon|
||Canon EOS-1DX Mark II DSLR Camera||
||Check On Amazon|
||Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Camera DSLR Camera||
||Check On Amazon|
||Sony a99 II Digital SLR Camera||
||Check On Amazon|
||PANASONIC Lumix FZ300 Long Zoom Digital Camera||
||Check On Amazon|
We are going to discuss a series of DSLR Cameras that are essentially registered for wildlife photography. Through this list, you will definitely be able to choose your required cameras. So, without wasting time let’s have a close look at our enlisted cameras-
1. Nikon D500 DX-Format Digital SLR
This camera comes with a cropped 20.9MP (APS-C) CMOS sensor. However, this feature helps to make an accurate balance between the lighter, smaller DX lenses and high-quality images. Through its telephoto lens, you can easily take impressive pictures with complete details, textures, and colors. It will increase the picture quality with an enhanced color boost and fascinating gradients.
- Are you thinking about low light photography in the wild? Don’t worry about it because with its 100-51,200 ISO range and -4 exposure value, you can snap quality photos with rich details in low light.
- Nikon D500 DX has EXPEED 5 processor with a 20k autofocus fast Multicam system to shoot moving animals.
- You can have 10 fps capturing ability with an outstanding subject acquisition. Moreover, it has the latest technology of XQD memory cards for fast writing and reading images.
- The body texture of this camera is made of ergonomic magnesium alloy and rugged carbon fiber materials. It has a high durability with dust resistance and water-drop technology.
- It will enable you to shoot 4K Ultra HD video and can get 3.2” LCD tilting touch screen. Not only that! You can have the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options to share your images on any platform.
2. Nikon D5 FX-Format Digital SLR Camera
This camera comes with a 20.8 MP CMOS sensor which is equal to 35mm film shooting. You can capture a complete quality image in any situation, as it has an accurate white balance, rich tonal gradation, and well defined signal-to-noise ratio. If you are looking to record and track any subject matter then, this camera is made for you. Through this camera, you can get continuous high-speed shooting with the help of a mirror driving mechanism and image stabilization.
- It has the ability of 12 fps capturing with fixed focus and can have a dedicated processor to process with 5 images EXPEED.
- It will enable you a noise reduction technology and you can take wonderful night snap with -4 exposure value along with expanded flash photography.
- This is not the end! You also can record 4K Ultra HD video shoot with 30 fps and can record Full HD videography with 60 fps.
- It will bring you 100 to 102400 ISO range and you may expand it further up to 3280000.
3. Canon EOS-1DX Mark II DSLR Camera
Are you looking for a good camera for bird watching? Then it will be most efficient for you as it comes with 20.2MP CMOS, which is considered for high-speed signal reading.
- You can get super fast auto-focus feature with the help of 16 fps and 14 fps at high resolution. Here, the autofocus has 61 AF points including 41 cross-type points for widely track subjects.
- It will enable you to shoot low-light photos with the help of -3 exposure value. Moreover, it also has extraordinary EOS-1DX Mark II gapless microlenses for noise reduction and low light performance.
- It has 100-51,200 standard ISO range which can be expandable up to 409,600 manually. Not only that! This gadget will help you to shoot 60 fps 4K Ultra HD quality and 120 fps Full HD quality along with dedicated slow motion abilities.
- One thing will definitely entice your interest as it has the Geo-tagging capabilities. Moreover, you can get a tough and durable body made of strong magnesium alloy with a finger placement facility which decreases the hard fatigue.
4. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Camera DSLR Camera
This camera is most popular for its price which is similar to the entry level. In terms of light sensitivity and speed, you can get half frame rate as 100-32000 ISO range.
- Hey, are you thinking that you cannot take good pictures with this camera? Then, we must say, you are completely wrong! As it has 30.4 MP along with Canon’s DIGIC 6+ image processor for capturing stunning photos.
- It has 61 AF points including 41 are cross-type. However, you can get an excellent consistent focus to track a subject in a wide area.
- It will enable you signal-noise reduction option and for high-level sensitivity this camera has a special algorithm feature along with fast shutter speed for reducing blurring.
- Through this camera, you can record 30 or 24 fps 4K Ultra HD quality, 60fps Full HD and 120 fps for HD recording quality. Moreover, you also can use Wi-Fi and GPS enabled systems for geo-tagging.
5. Sony a99 II Digital SLR Camera
This is one of the most user-friendly and easy handling cameras among our list, whether you can have a better holding option and steady handling mode. It is made of magnesium alloy body which allows you to take breathtaking shots.
- It has a 42.4MP high resolution full frame sensor along with noise reduction performance and wide range sensitivity.
- It will allow you to shoot low-light recording with 100-25,600 ISO range and you may expand it up to 50-102,400. Moreover, you can get -4 exposure values for effective autofocus work.
- Through this camera you can easily snap a close and fast movement of an animal with the help of 71 AF points including 15 is cross-points. Moreover, you can achieve steadfast tracking with its 12 frame rate.
- Not only that! You can do 4K video recording at 30 fps, 60 fps Full HD and 120 fps HD recording facility. Moreover, it will also provide you with a slow motion recording facility along with Wi-Fi and in built NFC connectivity.
- This camera comes with a full compact frame which leads it among the top most wildlife and nature photography camera list. However, it is much more price worthy according to the experts in terms of frame rates, auto-focus and lens mounts.
Have you got your ideal DSLR camera for eminent wildlife photography? If you don’t yet pick up it, then don’t worry because we will serve you a full phased comparative table to clear your concept-
|Name||Mega Pixel||Autofocus||Sensor||Frame Rate||Video||Rating|
|Nikon D500 DX-Format DSLR||You can have 20.9MP camera||It will serve you 153 AF points for more accurate photography||It has Cropped sensor||The frame rate of this camera is 10 fps||It enables you to record 4K video at 30 fps||4.5 / 5.0|
|Nikon D5 FX-Format DSLR||It comes with 20.8MP camera||It will serve you 153 AF points||This camera comes with Full frame sensor||You can get 12 fps||You can shoot 4K Ultra HD video at 30 fps and 60 fps for Full HD video||4.8 / 5.0|
|Canon EOS-1DX Mark II DSLR||You can have 20.2MP camera||You can get 61 AF points including 41 are for cross-type points to track wide subject area||Full frame sensor is provided with this camera||16 fps frame rate is one of the key feature of this camera||It enables you to record 4K video at 60 fps and you can shoot 120 fps Full HD video||4.6 / 5.0|
|Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Frame DSLR||It comes with 30.4MP camera||You can get 61 AF points including 41 are for cross-type points to track wide subject area||This camera comes with Full frame sensor||You can get 7 fps frame rate with this camera||You can shoot 4K Ultra HD video at 30 fps and 60 fps for Full HD video||4.5 / 5.0|
|Sony a99 II DSLR||You can have 42.4MP camera||This camera enable you 79 AF points including 15 are cross-points for a dedicated stabilized and responsive photo capturing||Full frame sensor is provided with this camera||The frame rate of this camera is 12 fps||It enables you to record 4K video at 30 fps and you can shoot 60 fps Full HD video||4.5 / 5.0|
Key factors for the Best Camera of Wildlife Photography:
In terms of wildlife photography, you must be looking for a tough camera that is easy to handle so that you can take an accurate snap while animals are moving. Therefore, we will recommend you to choose a camera which has a superfast autofocus function and a high frame rate sensor to take an appropriate shot. Not only that! You will also need to consider a well low-light performance camera so that you can get a better picture of those animals that are active at night. However, we have mentioned a couple of major factors that appraise well DSLR camera for wildlife photography. Let’s have a look at our key factors-
We always keep in mind that the amount of megapixel and size are really vital for wildlife photography. You can often see the manufacturers widely announce their model’s megapixels, but do you know what is the importance of this megapixel? In a nutshell, one megapixel is developed by a million pixels or by one million image dots. However, it is just a quantity factor, whether the quality is determined by sensor size, design, software, and optics.
There is a large amount of individual pixels in a large image sensor which helps you to capture light image noise and reflects less graininess in photos. It also helps to provide enhanced defined shadows, highlights and more differentiation. There you can see mainly two types of sensor one is Cropped and another is Full Frame.
We all know speed really matters in terms of wildlife photography. It is an issue to shoot moving animals whether this autofocus can support you by providing focused and sharp images. It does not mean that more AF points make more advanced quality photos. However, the prime importance of this autofocus is to track a subject properly, provide phase detection and focus on fast motors, algorithms. Thereby, you can see poor autofocus can serve a blurry shot and it may increase your frustration while you cannot record too quickly.
However, you should keep in mind that autofocus might not be a good choice for every time. Therefore, you may take center focus which locks and compose the image by an afterward frame movement. Moreover, at the time of close shot photography or macro photography of insects or plants, you need a manual focus. This lens’s focus speed completely depends upon its lens motor.
Wildlife photography is much dependent upon the lens selection. If you have already any lens, then you must be careful about the compatibility with the model according to its sensor and mount. However, you need to keep in mind that all models are not interchangeable and you can buy lenses from different manufacturers. Therefore, you need to be much more selective while choosing any lenses.
You can have a number of lenses like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, and Pentax. Hence, you should be aware of the lens brand and cameras whether you are interested in it. However, a telephoto lens could be your choice as it can be used to take the closest snap of a wild animal by zooming it manually. Although it has a limitation of zooming, it can enhance your safety and ensure you click a photo of natural animal behavior. Moreover, you can see different types of a lens like forget better wildlife photography- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VRa, AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, SAL-70400G2 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM Super telephoto zoom lens and many more.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q 1.) Can I apply any lens for my camera?
Ans: In terms of fitting the mount on your model, you can apply a lens. However, you need to review properly whether the lens is properly compatible with your camera. There are many things that need to be concerned like autofocus, sensor and many more. It is not necessary to purchase a camera and lens from the same manufacturer.
Q 2.) What equipment do I need for wildlife photography?
Ans: We all know buying a camera and lens is enough for wildlife photography. There you also need a dozen pieces of equipment that can support you to enhance your wildlife photos more lively. However, these equipment are teleconverters, a tripod, beanbag or monopod, a high-standard memory card, and a backpack to carry your favorite camera.