This camera is an optical instrument that is used to capture still or moving images. They are stored in any physical medium, like a digital system or photographic film. In the past few years, camera technology has progressed perhaps more drastically. If we talk about the current scenario, mirrorless cameras are considered by many, and they are regarded as a product with massive demand in the market. The most notable advantage of using a mirrorless camera is, it offers excellent image quality and functionality. It is also relatively inexpensive compared to other cameras. But if we talk about the current market, there are a number of brands which are known for providing quality products.
So it might be quite confusing for anyone to choose any one of them which can be perfect as per the use. So if you are looking for the best mirrorless camera, then here is the list of the Top 5 mirrorless camera. So stay tuned and enjoy.
Best Mirrorless Cameras in 2020 – Mostly below $500
1. Olympus OM-D E-M10
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 is a mirrorless camera, has a lot of features and high-quality imaging capability into a compact body. The Olympus OM-D E-M10 is a compact mirrorless camera with the dimensions of 4.7 x 3.2 x 1.8 inches. It has got the weight under a pound which shows that the camera is much lightweight. It is far smaller than most DSLRs and also competes well with mirrorless cameras. The body of this device is available in black or black-and-silver, and also it is equipped with a 3-inch LCD touch screen which is on the back of the frame. The resolution of the LCD touch screen is just over a million pixels, and it can tilt 90 degrees for shooting from the upper or lower side. The screen is sharp and bright enough and can be viewed in most conditions. You can tap the screen to change settings or to adjust your focus point. The Olympus OM-D E-M10 has a 16MP Four Thirds type sensor which is coupled with the TruePic VII processing engine. This device is equipped with fifteen buttons and three dials that put controls at your fingertips.
- The Olympus OM-D E-M10 offers two options for auto white balance, i.e. a normal mode. It is the mode that helps the user to preserve some of the colors of the light.
- This device is equipped with the 2,360,000-dot OLED electronic viewfinder that shows the same content as the main screen but at a slightly higher resolution of 1.4 million pixels
- The Olympus OM-D E-M10 HDR feature is available in two strengths – HDR 1 which is for a subtle approach and HDR 2 for a more prominent effect. Each of these modes captures four images in quick succession and compiles them into one JPEG in-camera.
This model Olympus OM-D E-M10 also offers a lot of compelling features, especially at this price point. This device has a bright and clear touch screen, effective image stabilization, and plenty of shooting modes and controls.
2. Fujifilm X-T100
The Fujifilm X-T100 is a compact mirrorless camera that might be an ideal choice for beginners, social photographers, and vloggers. The Fujifilm X-T100 is a smart and functionally-designed camera. This device has a retro-inspired design with excellent modern features. It also includes a 2.36M-dot electronic viewfinder and a tilting 3-inch touch-screen. This device is designed for those who look for a device to add more creativity to their photography. The Fujifilm X-T100 is available in Black, Dark Silver, and Champagne Gold colors. The Fujifilm X-T100 offers various features combined with the more premium look at an effective price. On the top side of this camera, three dials are given. The left side dial, which is set on the left of the viewfinder, is known as function dial. On the right side of the same, there is the main dial which is mode dial. On the backside, there is a rear command dial. Like many other Fujifilm cameras, the X-T100 has a Q button on the back, as well.
- The Fujifilm X-T100 features a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor. It means that the camera is capable of shooting a pretty broad ISO range, from 100-51,200. It can also shoot 4K video at 15fps
- This device is equipped with the low-power Bluetooth connectivity option. So once the camera has been paired with your smartphone by using dedicated and free Fujifilm’s Camera app and then sharing images would be quite easy.
- The best thing about Fujifilm X-T100 is that as being a member of the X family, you can easily use any of the X-series lenses. So, even with a cheaper body, you can use any of the professional lenses within the Fujifilm family
The Fujifilm X-T100 is a pretty compact camera, measuring 121x83x47mm and it weighs only 448g including its battery which is good for 430 shots. This device has a fully articulating touch screen and also has a good-sized OLED EVF.
3. Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 is the latest DSLR styled mirrorless camera, from Panasonic that comes with some fantastic features. This device comes in solid black or two-tone graphite and black color. The Lumix DMC-G7 is a competent mid-range camera and would be an ideal choice for anyone who wants a step-up from budget models. This device has various controls, a large and detailed electronic viewfinder, and it also gives the flexibility of a fully-articulated touch-screen. The screen is responsive, focuses quickly even in low light and firing-off bursts up to 8fps at the full resolution. The Lumix DMC-G7 also has 4K video recording capability and with a variety of 4K Photo functions. This device can go for recording 4K UHD video at 24p or 30p frames rates and in MP4 format at 100Mbps. This model Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 is quite easy to use, measuring 4.9 x 3.4 x 3.0 inches
Also Check: Best DSLR Camera Under $500
- The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 is a compact camera that fits very well in one hand. Its angular body offers a good grip and makes it easy to carry around for long photography sessions and video shoots. The look and feel of this model are premium, and the camera also feels robust while handling
- This device is availed with its built-in 2,360k-dot High-Speed LVF. The viewfinder features a 2,360 K-dot OLED display which is quite helpful for better contrast and visibility. The screen is very bright, clear and offers approx. 100 % coverage area for the comfortable viewing experience
- The Lumix DMC-G7 features 22 creative filters that can be applied and customized with the adjustable shutter speed and aperture settings. The list includes- Retro, Monochrome, Impressive Art, etc.. This feature will let you experiment with the images and videos you capture.
The Panasonic Lumix G7 offers an impressive range of features, and it beautifully mimics a full-fledged mid-range DSLR. This device comes with 4K video recording, plenty of controls and interchangeable lens support. This feature makes Lumix G7 a fantastic overall package.
4. Canon EOS M3
Canon is one of the leading brands known for producing imaging and optical products. Hence, if we talk about Canon EOS M3, it has the world’s best mirrorless picture quality. It also has better color rendition than any other mirrorless brand. The Canon EOS M3 is a compact device that uses the Hybrid CMOS AF III 24.2MP CMOS sensor. The image quality of this device is quite impressive, and it’s almost identical to the T6i/750D. It uses the 24.2-megapixel sensor and Digic 6 processor for better image quality. Its JPEGs are very clean and sharp through ISO 800. Like many other cameras available in the market, the Canon EOS M3’s JPEG processing emphasizes maximizing tonal detail in the shadows over sharpness in low light. The Canon EOS M3 comes with an LCD that is on the back of the device and can tilt up to 180 degrees and down 45 degrees. The LCD three inches in size and boasts a high 1040K dot resolution.
- The Canon EOS M3 has seven buttons and one menu that can be customized. There are six EF-M lenses that can be used. These include four zooms and two primes lenses.
- This device is equipped with an optional electronic viewfinder feature. This feature might boost some users as this feature will allow you to shot under bright sunlight.
- The Canon EOS M3 comes with a CMOS AF III system similar to the Canon Rebel T6s, and it delivers almost identical performance. This system has 49 phase-detect points which can cover 80% of the horizontal frame and 70% of the vertical structure.
The Canon EOS M3 is ideally a competent camera. This device is quite easy to use and also quite easy to setup. In case you need to connect this camera with iOS or any Android device, then you should install the dedicated and free Canon app.
5. Sony A6000
Sony A6000 is known as one of the best mirrorless cameras available in the market. The Sony A6000 has a smaller body compared to a traditional DSLR, and it is advertised as the world’s fastest autofocus camera. It is a mid-range mirrorless camera that offers many excellent features. The A6000 has a beautiful and compact body with the dimensions as 4.8 x 2.9 x 1.9 inches. It is almost half of an average DSLR body. This device is constructed from composite materials, and it weighs at 12.1 ounces. The Sony A6000’s grip is quite comfortable to hold, even for those with bigger hands. This device has a modified high-resolution 24.3 MP sensor and with 179 on-chip phase-detection points which can cover almost the whole area of the sensor. The brand Sony makes not only its sensors but also sensors for many other cameras. Thus, you can expect superb performance from each new generation camera offered by it. If we talk about its 24.3 MP sensor, it delivers stunning dynamic range and excellent image quality, especially at low ISO.
- The Sony A6000 is equipped with an optical viewfinder feature. This feature is quite helpful as it provides stability against camera shake and aid in composing your image. It also has Live View inside the viewfinder through which you can see the exposure of your pictures while viewing the scene through your viewfinder
- This device comes with some buttons which are dedicated to single functions, and they are quite helpful as they make operation very simple. You can also change settings quickly by using what Sony calls the Quick Navi screen which is accessible via the DISP button
- It also has a new hybrid autofocus system. This system not only makes it easier for the camera to recognize scenes but it also allows the camera to lock onto the correct subjects and track them with a terrier-like tenacity
The A6000 is Sony’s well-featured, competitively-priced mid-range camera. Apart from taking still photos, this device is capable of shooting videos in either AVCHD or MP4 format with clean HDMI output.
The camera is considered one of the world’s most influential inventions. It is a single tool that can stop time, record history and tell stories. If we talk about the current scenario, cameras and DSLR have become a popular gadget among urban youth. Choosing the best travel mirrorless camera is not an easy task since there are plenty of options available in the market. Several important points are there that you need to consider to understand the best mirrorless camera for you. The five mirrorless cameras discussed here are aimed at a specific subset of users. In the end, you will need to select a device that works best as per your needs. So if you keep considering these points, then definitely you would be able to make the right choice.