The advancement of technology allows us to fulfill our requirements at a reasonable price. Nowadays, you don’t need to invest a huge amount of bucks to buy a top-quality camera to capture decent images. We will showcase a wide number of budget-friendly Point & Shoot Cameras that come under $300. We are also going to provide a buyer’s guide for your convenience to choose a perfect.
Point and Shoot cameras come with image stabilization, easy to hold design along with plenty of zooming capacity to capture a clear sight photo from a long-distance view. Shoot high-quality video and share images and other media files quickly, without doing too much technical expertise.consists of different insane features.
General Buying Guide for Point & Shoot Cameras:
There are several common features that you can easily find among all Point & Shoot Cameras. So, let’s check-out those features-
Every sensor has a particular resolution that is expressed by the number of pixels. All individual pixels help to make the picture sharp with more details. However, it does not necessarily indicate that more pixels are always better.
In every Point & Shoot camera, ISO detail is always mentioned. It indicates the sensitivity of the sensor that helps to capture a brighter picture. A great sensitivity always comes with an ISO of 100 that is available in most of the Point and Shoot cameras.
Digital Point and Shoot cameras have an in-build sensor that captures the light. You can see sensors in various sizes and it depends upon the purpose. Since the Point and Shoot cameras are made to serve a compact photo, the sensor comes with a smaller size along with ½” common sensor format.
One of the primary characteristics of a Point and Shoot camera is its compactness. In fact, you do not need to carry any additional lenses like in DSLR cameras. These compact featureful cameras come with a lightweight design.
Best Point & Shoot Cameras Under $300
1. Canon PowerShot SX720 HS
- The Canon PowerShot SX720 HS consists of different insane features including 40x optical zoom and image stabilization. Through this lens, you will be able to reach an identical focal length up to 960mm. Generally, these zooms are a bit more powerful than any other ordinary cameras.
- This camera facilitates you to capture a sharp photo due to a perfect zooming lens and you have an option to use a super quick shutter speed along with a high-quality ISO image sensor.
- The PowerShot SX720 has an improved image stabilization feature that allows you to capture a photo with a slow shutter speed function and lower ISO image sensor.
- Though the camera is unable to save all media files in RAW format, it facilitates an image editing of JPGEGs
- It has an internal noise decrease effect that helps to capture pictures with sharp detail.
- PowerShot SX7200 is an ideal option for the people who like to carry a decent camera at their travels.
- Full HD Video recording
- The Burst Rate is fast
- 40x Optical Zooming
- It has image stabilization
- There is no supportive RAW-File format
- The High ISO performance is comparatively weak
A huge number of people love to use this camera because of its unique features including 40x zoom and Full HD resolution video recording.
2. Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS comes with a 1400mAh Li-ion battery along with a high-quality Rapid Travel Charger. Besides, it has an in-built SanDisk Ultra 32GB 80MB/s SD card.
- This is an ideal Point & Shoot camera as it has a slim and sleek compact size. It comes with a 12x zoom that allows you to take an equivalent focal length photo of 25mm to 300mm distance.
- You will also have integrated optical image stabilization to take unshaken clear pictures. The aperture range of this camera is f/3.6 to f/7.0.
- This camera will offer several effects and filters that you can get from ‘Creative Mode’. One of the most powerful features of this camera is it allows you to share an image directly to social platforms.
- PowerShot ELPH 360 HS has an in-built Wi-Fi that gives you the freedom to control the camera even from a remote distance via a dedicated Android or iOS application.
- Handy and easily fit in the pocket
- Provide super-fast performance
- In-built WiFi
- Capture decent quality images
- It has not any touchscreen function
- Poor battery life
Tech-Savvy people voted this camera for its handy user-friendliness and high-end sensor performance.
3. Nikon Coolpix S7000
- Nikon Coolpix S7000 consists of 20x optical zoom along with 40x Fine Dynamic Zoom that helps you to capture a photo from a long distance.
- It has an intelligent auto-focus lens that can easily find an accurate object or target to take a decent photo. It features a 16-megapixel lens that is right more than enough to take outstanding snaps in good light conditions.
- Nikon Coolpix S7000 has an equivalent increased focal range of 25mm to 500mm distance. You will be surprised while you have this slim and sleek design camera at your hand. In fact, it is pretty comfortable to use with one hand as it comes with 165gm weight including the batteries.
- The lower megapixel count and a higher possible 6400 ISO range allow you to take the finest pictures in low light conditions.
- The disappointing factor of this camera is its low battery life. Though the battery life is not at all overwhelming it does provide WiFi and NFC function. However, you will have limited WiFi control.
- 20x Optical Zoom
- It has macro mode function
- This camera performs well in low light condition
- Light and slim design
- Over processed images
- Battery life is low and limited WiFi function
Most of the users considered a good macro mode function but many of them also disappointed because of its low battery life.
4. Nikon Coolpix L840
- Nikon Coolpix L840 comes with a 38x optical telephoto lens zoom that is a new record for Nikon to launch at an affordable price.
- It does an excellent job by surprising all to deliver the maximum aperture of f/3.0 at the wide low angle end. At the long end angle, the aperture still performs pretty well with f/6.5 camera function.
- To fix the camera shake issue, Nikon has applied a different technique by inserting vibration reduction It helps to take sharper images with full details.
- Another wonderful feature is the tiltable LCD screen that allows you to take Full HD photographs and videos.
- It has a low-light 16megapixels CMOS image sensor that helps to take a high-quality image in low light conditions.
- Now, sharing images has become easier with the help of in-built WiFi and Near Field Communication technology that is compatible with all smartphones.
- This camera comes with an autofocus lens that can easily perform contrast detection, multi-area detection, face detection, and continuous single-point tracking.
- Enhanced digital zoom along with 38x optical zoom
- Vibration reduction technology
- Shape and design is bulkier and weight is also high with 538gm
- It is powered by AA batteries
People are fascinated about this camera as it has an excellent quality 38x optical zoom. Hence, most of the users are satisfied with this camera.
5. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 is widely known for its 1-megapixel super quality MOS sensor along with 60x DC Vario zooming lens. This insane combination allows a professional photographer to capture the best picture.
- It has a super-fast touch 3-inches touch screen LCD of 1040dots along with a High-Resolution View Finder of 1,170k dots. It provides clear visibility even in bright sunlight.
- This camera comes with a 4k QFHD video recording function (3840×2160) is really amazing feature. Besides that, it has three distinguished 4k ultra HD video pause and saves modes that allow you to take high-resolution photos at the 30fps frame rate. Through this feature, you will be able to capture every split-second moment photos.
- It offers an excellent low light condition photography that helps you to take a snap during nightlife. You will also get the help of manual PDF attachment that gives you proper technical support for troubleshooting.
- Enjoy the unlimited WiFi connectivity and first-class USB charging facility to connect the device with any smartphone through HDMI cable to share your favorite image online.
- Excellent quality aperture
- 60x Optical Zooming
- Wide-angle view
- It supports RAW files
- Looks heavy and bulky in size
Most of the users are fond of this camera because of its high-end performance and best in class features at affordable prices.
6. Sony WX350
- Sony WX350 can shoot at 7.2 frames/second rate and it is really useful for wildlife and sports photography. However, in the low light condition, it cannot perform pretty well.
- In good light condition, you can take cool pictures with the help of 18.2 megapixels high-quality lens. The user-friendly manual is another great advantage of this camera, as it comes with a very organized manual structure.
- It comes with a 20x optical and 40 x clear images zooming Not only that!! It is compact, easy to hold, and especially good for photographing from far away.
- Now you will easily keep your object in focus by it ‘Lock-On’ Auto Focus lens to capture a high-quality image that can be compressed in different size formats.
- You can use the ISO up to 12800 range that is an exceptional quality feature and phenomenal if you consider the camera size. The 20x zoom of this camera comes with an amazing quality of aperture of f/3.5 to f/6.5.
- It has a wonderful SteadyShot image stabilization that allows the camera to take a long end high-focal stabilized photography. Now you will also be allowed to use Slower Shutter Speed
- ISO capability is great
- It comes with a compact and slim design
- Battery life is good
- It has an amazing sensor
- Ergonomics is really poor
- There are no additional filters
A huge number of buyers are satisfied with this product and agreed to its commendable performance.
7. Sony W800
- Sony W800 comes with a Super HAD CCD sensor to make your picture beautiful with appropriate details. Subsequently, it has blink detection technology to capture the object.
- It has excellent quality w / 5x Optical Zoom to capture long-distance photography. This camera is consisting of a sweep 360-degree panorama view for wide-angle photography.
- Through the SteadyShot Image Stabilization feature, you can take sharp images with reduced blur effect. You can record videos in various formats including AVI and This is not the end!! It also allows you to capture video in 720p Full HD movie mode.
- Now you can easily customize your camera with easy user-friendly modes. It has included easy digital zooming along with capturing still images in different formats.
- This camera will empower you with the maximum 4T aperture along with the F3.2 Sony lens. It has a reasonable zoom to make you allow taking a picture from 26-130mm distance.
- You may get disappointed to know that it does not have any in-built WiFi connection. You have to transfer your captured images and videos via any regular cable connection. The body of the camera is made of plastic that not at all looks classy or it has a great risk of breaking.
- It comes with in-built flash function
- The price is really budget-friendly
- It comes with good Resolution picture
- User-friendly access
- The body is made of plastic
- There is no WiFi function
Customers are satisfied to use this affordable camera but they are disappointed with its plastic body design.
8. Samsung WB350F
- Samsung is not only recognized for its manufacture of smartphones, but they are also widely famous to produce high-quality camera of 35x Optical zoom and high-end auto-focus lens.
- It allows you to take a photo from 23mm to all the way up to 483mm through its superb zooming lens.
- You can set the maximum amount of 3200 ISO range for beautiful photography with complete detailing.
- Through its image stabilization mode, you will be allowed to take sharp images from the very long of 483mm zoom range. However, there are no such wondrous features but it comes under the standard point and shoots the camera segment.
- This camera comes with a full HD touchscreen display and it is available in different colors to make its lightweight design more attractive.
- Through this camera, you will be able to share all your favorite images and videos via WiFi technology. So, get ready to take a snap and upload it on various social media platforms.
- 35x optical zoom
- Provides tremendous fast performance
- It has in-built WiFi technology
- It comes with Optical Image Stabilization technology
- Noise reduction function is excessive strong
- There is no RAW support
The users are well satisfied with this camera but they expect more features and more user-friendly access from this camera.
Factors to Consider before buying a Point & Shoot Camera
If you are looking to buy an awesome Point & Shoot camera to capture your favorite image then you must consider a couple of factors before spending your valuable money. If you are looking for these types of cameras, you must give immense importance to its pricing.
Besides the specifications of cameras, you should check the ratings of all different products on Amazon. Besides that, you must compare one product to another one by checking multiple buyers’ reviews. You should not forget to consider the zoom length. Similarly, you also should give enough attention to the close shooting features by checking some close-up photos. Before purchasing point & shoot cameras, you should go through all the reviews of the product that you are looking for. A good review of a certain product defines the product’s reliability and performance.
If you ask us which is the best point and shoot camera, then we will tell you ‘Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70’ is the best-in-class under $300. This is mainly because of the capability of the device to perform exceptionally in macro setup mode. You must consider a couple of things like ISO range, megapixels, Zooming capacity, and Sensor performance and this device is an expert in these. Now it is your time to think wisely and choose your favorite point & shoot camera to snap your valuable memories.