Do you wonder to capture all of your memories in your pocket? Then you are thinking in the right direction. The best point and shoot camera will allow you to bundle up all of your clicks and make your special moments stay alive for your forever.
Point and shoot cameras are easy to use and it fits in every pocket. It is not always necessary to carry a DSLR or SLR with you every time. So, we are here to instruct and guide you regarding the best point and shoot camera in 2020.
5 Best Point and Shoot Cameras in 2020:
Are you still in search of the best point and shoot camera? Yes, we have done our research to solve, all of your dilemmas by categorizing the top 5 best point and shoot cameras, you can choose any one of them and explore the world of photography. Let’s see:
1. Canon Powershot IXUS 185/ Elph 180 – Under $150
If you are looking for a camera within the minimum budget for yourself then you can go ahead with Canon Powershot. This little canon power shot is really within your budget and has got some excellent features; let us check them out, without wasting any time.
- This canon power shot has got compact type feasibility.
- 20-megapixel zooming capacity.
- Having a good lens capacity of 28-224mm along with a good focal point of 3.2 to 6.9.
- 7in along with 230 K dots LCD display.
- You will also get a shooting speed of 3 fps.
- Canon power shot has got a 1280 X 720 HD video resolution and it is good for you to handle if you are a beginner in this field of photography.
- Canon power shot is easy to use and has slender attire over the device.
Yes, it is good for you to know that this camera has two negative points, Canon PowerShot lacks low LCD resolution and you will not get to see full HD video. But it is good for us to know that this device has a slimmer and more defined stylish point and shooting option. It has got a fine and well maintained 8x zooming capacity along with a light run of sensitiveness ISO 100 to ISO 1600.
2. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W800:
If you are well acquainted with the photographic world, we assume that you have heard the name of this device. Sony cyber shot is profoundly known for its amazing “Splash style” and a magnificent 5x zooming capacity enabling the option. So what are those beautiful criteria that make Sony a leading photography marketing sector? Let us have a look.
- This beautiful small point and shoot camera have got a 20.1 Megapixel zooming option.
- Continuous shutter field ranging to 0.5 fps.
- A well maintained and feasible video resolution of 1280 X 720.
- 7 inch 230 k LCD dots.
- Compact and Sensor ranging from ½.3in
- It has got a slim and stylish body.
- An outstanding unbroken pixel frame that allows users to get a maximum of 5X zoom.
This product has two disadvantages, first of all, Sony Cyber-shot has mode burst slowing criteria which is not so much handy for users to agree and even this option is not that important for photographers, who use point and shoot camera not very frequently. Secondly, 2.7 LCD is somewhat small in order to purchase. But you cannot judge this product based on these two criteria. Sony cyber-shot has a 720p HD video, which is a phenomenal specification for its users.
3. FujiFilm XP140: Comes below under $200
If you plan to go for a family trip in a place where rainfall is very frequent, then you should look for FujiFilm XP 140, without any doubt. This device has got a well liquid as well as a waterproofing membrane that protects this device from any kind of liquid to enter. As this point and shoot camera is small in size, it has got some specially designed eye-catching display according to some expert professionals in the field of photography. So what makes it so different from other cameras?? Let us see:
- Firstly, it is necessary to mention that FujiFilm has got an amazing feature called Shockproof, which ranges from 1.8m/5.9ft.
- If you are traveling in some hilly areas, this device can allow you to take pictures even in -10 degrees centigrade as it has Freeze proof capacity.
- An optimum LCD with 3in and 920 k dots.
- Fujifilm has got a video resolution of 4k, which can compete with any kind of point and shoot cameras available in the market.
- The lens capacity is ranging between 28-140mm, with a good focal point ranging between 3.9 to 4.9.
- Another most profoundly know fact of this point and shoot camera is that it enables waterproofing criteria up to 25m underwater surface.
- A compact type sensor ranging ½.3in.
Use it anywhere you feel like. This device is very compatible for anyone to use it. The camera is cable of delivering high-quality images even at 25 m underwater. But at times not frequently but yes, it has got a few disadvantages like a 4K resolution spots out an image at 15p. Yes, this product is a little bit costly but it serves well as it has got some most efficient specifications.
4. Olympus Tough TG-6: Comes below $300
If you are in real need of a point and shoot camera, then Olympus tough TG-6 can be an appropriate choice for you. This camera will serve you domestic as well as outside means of photography very well. If you want to capture a few moments of a family get together and you want those memories to stay alive in a photograph, then you can go ahead with this point and shoot camera. Let’s see what are the specifications of this new Olympus Tough TG-6 point shoot camera.
- This camera unlike the ones stated above has got Macro and Microscope mode that helps you to zoom as much as you feel like and get slowly closer to your object that you want to frame.
- 20 fps maximum shooting speed at a continuous flow.
- It has got 12 Megapixels delightful power zooming capacity.
- Superfast burst mode sensitivity.
- This device is compact and has got a sensor ranging from ½.3in.
- Olympus tough TG-6 has got 25-100mm equivalent range.
- This camera is serving your purpose while you are going for an outside photography adventure.
This device is perfectly defined as the best point and shoot camera, which comes within a well affordable range.
5. Panasonic Lumix ZS 750: Comes Below $400
As we are in a race to choose the best we cannot ignore the contribution of Panasonic Lumix in the world of point and shoot camera. This is a pocket-sized point and shoot camera widely used by many people. This product has got an amazing zooming capacity and a good competitor for Olympus TG-6. So what makes this camera so unique in the field of best point and shoot camera? Don’t you want to have a look?
- It has an efficient image stabilization facility for its users.
- A lens with an actually zooming power of 20.3 Megapixel.
- One of the best optical lenses, ranging in between 24-720mm along with 3.3 to 6.4 clear clarity.
- .!! Wait; Make yourself prepared to know that this beautiful gadget has got a wide range front camera. Have you ever thought of yourself that a point and shoot camera can get a front lens? Yes, it is true.
- Panasonic Lumix also allows you to get Wi-Fi ready point and shoot camera option, which provides enough boasting power to ensure a wide range of expectations of different users from Panasonic.
- The maximum video resolution is 4k, which is good enough.
- 10fpd shooting speed, which is enough for a point and shoot camera.
So what else do you want? Panasonic Lumix provides you with all kinds of features that you expect from a point and shoot camera.
Best Features of the Points and Shoot Camera:
There are few silent and essential features that will ensure your mind to buy the best and suitable point and shoot camera for yourself. In this regard, we have classified those top 5 “Point and Shoot Cameras”. This categorization is done by professionals in the field of photography, who have immense knowledge that can ensure you to buy the best one.
1. Better quality point and shoot camera:
Point and shoot cameras have got small sensors fitted into its hardware like Panasonic Lumix and Canon Power.
- This quality of point and shoot camera makes it cheap and affordable along with a worthwhile setup.
- But as we know every gadget has got some “cons”. You should know that a point and shoot camera has got a restricted quality of images as in this case.
2. Longer zooming option in point and shoot camera:
If you are looking to buy a point and shoot camera like Panasonic Lumix ZS70 and canon PowerShot Sx740 HS, we should tell you that this point and shoot cameras have got a good 3 to 5 k zooming option, which is good enough to meet your domestic criteria.
- But the disadvantage with these products is that it needs a long zooming option to enable its users to zoom a larger distance while they are traveling.
3. Rugged and durable point and shoot camera:
If you are planning to spend a holiday in a tropical rainforest, where rainfall is very frequent but the beauty of mother nature is more lovable and you want those moments to be in your life forever, then follow our advice.
- For example, Fujifilm XP140 and Olympus Tough TG- 6, which are famous point and shoot cameras.
- It is recommended from our side to go for a point and shoot camera that has got waterproof covering and a durable coating all around it like a TG-6 model.
4. Simple and economical point and shoot camera:
If you have a low budget estimation for yourself to buy a point and shoot camera, but you are worried about whether the market will allow getting the finest product within that budget, Yes or No?
- Then you should not worry about this matter. Point and shoot cameras like Canon Powershot IXUS 185 and Sony Cybershot DSC-W800 are moderately cheaper in price.
- Many points and shoot cameras will provide you with all the necessary requirements along with an affordable range of prices.
These four different categories will help you to distinguish among the top 5 best quality point and shoot cameras, which are available on the market. We have also noticed that Olympus provides a sufficient degree of a few outstanding criteria, which is very interesting and eye-catching for buyers. Sony cyber-shot has also got an additional feature called “Auto-focus”, which has not shown its reflection on the price.
All these variations depend on the marketing policy of each and individual companies. Photography enthusiasts like you, who are eagerly waiting for the most updated and advanced point and shoot camera, should always focus on Olympus Tough TG-6. Olympus TG has shown it’s a user that they can replace DSLR and use point shoot camera, which provides the same specification as a DSLR, along with easy to carry and with different layers of protection from getting damaged.
Best point and shoot camera in 2020:
Now it’s time for the curtain fall. We have shown you some major distinction between all the best and top point and shoot cameras, along with a price comparison analysis. So according to us, we recommend you to go ahead with Olympus Tough TG-6 is the best point and shoot camera. You must be wondering why not Sony and Panasonic?? Look, we don’t categories a device based on brand, we look after the product mainly.
Getting a product with dual nature of prevention from any kind of accidental damage, for example, Olympus Tough TG-6 provides waterproof as well as shockproof resistance and this device comes within a range under $500 which seems quite good. So let us see the features that made Olympus Tough TG-6 an exceptional one among the rest of Point and shoot cameras:
- This product has received a 5-star rating as customer feedback on Amazon.
- Olympus TG-6 is always the first preference for people, who wants to carry it for long-distance touring.
- This point and shoot camera provide 8x zooming capacity, with digitally magnified lenses.
- If you like deep-sea driving and you want those moments to stay alive with you, then Olympus TG-6 is the ultimate one. It has got five underwater shooting modes along with three under white balance mode.
What else do you want?? You will receive one hundred percent self-satisfaction with this product. Olympus knows the purpose of you buying a TG-6, so along with the point and shoot camera you will provide you a separate foam strap and an Olympus neoprene case if you buy it online from their official website.
As we have mentioned earlier that TG-6, is a five star rated point and shoot camera, but along with that we would like to share a few important feedback given by various customers after buying this camera.
- Perfect connectivity and power storing device.
- Easy and accessible control features.
- Excellent Speed and autofocus criteria.
- One of the customers has precisely mentioned that TG-6 takes only 1.6 seconds to snap a picture.
So who else can compete with TG-6 in the race of becoming the best point and shoot camera? So don’t wait and waste your time. Start exploring the world of photography with a TG-6 in your hand.
Also Read: Best Home Security Cameras 2020