Exploring underwater mysteries has been an everlasting habit of people for centuries mainly because of its beauty. Snorkeling allows people to spend some time underwater away from the botherations of life above it. Such memories last for a lifetime and people usually keep these memories in a photograph or videos. People passionate about snorkeling can capture the moments of thrilling underwater experience with waterproof cameras.
Here is the list of cameras you can choose for Snorkeling. We listed Top 10 Cameras according to Usage, Price, Specs & Expert Reviews.
Best Waterproof Camera for Snorkeling – Reviews
1. Nikon W300 Waterproof Underwater Camera
Nikon has already acquired the reputation of being a reliable brand for producing brand new cameras with extraordinary features, you must have a look at Nikon W300 Waterproof Underwater Camera. Users will get dustproof, shockproof, waterproof and freezeproof features in this camera with extra capabilities.
- It can capture 16 MP photos, ultra HD 4K video, and time-lapse movies in difficult situations.
- For sharing and tracking all heart-pounding moments, it uses in-built eCompass, GPS, depth gauge, Wi-Fi(R), Bluetooth(R) Low Energy, Lens Construction: 12 elements in 10 groups and altimeter.
- This camera is waterproof up to 100 ft and you will have a great experience of Scuba diving, snorkeling, or fishing.
- It comes with a 16MP backside illuminated CMOS sensor.
- Even when the light is fading, its low-light 16MP sensor and f/2.8 fast NIKKOR zoom lens can record action with striking details.
- The continuous shooting and fast autofocus speed of Nikon W300 Waterproof Underwater Camera will enable you to land shots that others may miss.
- You can explore hidden details in insects, plants, and flowers by turning on Macro Mode.
- Nikon W300 Waterproof Underwater Camera comes with 5x Optical Zoom NIKKOR Lens with Hybrid VR (Vibration Reduction). This VR will keep videos and photos steady on a bumpy road. With its advanced zoom, you can have the whole scene into frame or zoom that scene for a tight view.
- 4K Ultra HD or Full HD 1080p videos can be recorded with stereo sound.
- Nikon W300 Waterproof Underwater Camera is simple and designed for smart action and operation.
- It’s large 3.0” LCD comes with anti-reflective coating that will make you shoot in bright light.
- There is a dedicated tool button for quick access to eCompass, GPS and other tools.
- If the user is in a challenging situation, he/she can select from 20 common Scene modes like portrait or night landscape or choose Scene Auto Selector and let this camera choose for him.
2. Olympus Tough TG-6 Waterproof Camera
This camera is also dustproof, shockproof (7 feet/2.1 meters), freezeproof (14 degrees Fahrenheit/-10 degree Celsius), and crush-proof (100 kg) besides being waterproof (50 ft/ 15 meter). Its high resolution F2.0 lens will capture your adventurous experiences flawlessly with stunning details and brilliant colors.
- Maximum 8x zoom, back illuminated CMOS Image Sensor, True Pic VIII will enable users to shoot intricate underwater photos.
- Olympus Tough TG-6 Waterproof Camera shoots photos by achieving vivid colors with three available White Balance Modes.
- Its action track sensors are potent enough to record data from sensors like barometer/manometer, GPS, thermometer, and compass.
- Users can shoot underwater photos with this camera that can achieve maximum display magnification of 44x in Microscopic Control Mode. Photos can be shot as close as 1 cm from the front of the lens even in Aperture and Program modes.
- Its variable macro system comes with 4 macro shooting modes that can help users to shoot up to 1 cm from the lens end.
- This Olympus model can record Full HD 120 fps high speed movies and 4K movies and its maximum recording time is 20 seconds.
- It comes with 12 MP Optical Sensor Resolution and LCD viewfinder.
3. PANASONIC LUMIX Waterproof Digital Camera
Panasonic is another renowned brand that presents brand new cameras with advanced features that suit the demands of professional photographers. Panasonic LUMIX waterproof digital camera is specifically a camcorder with Optical Image Stabilizer. Creative Retouch in playback mode and Creative Control in recording mode enable users to change ordinary situations into highly expressive photos. You can have the following Creative Effects:
- With its Creative Panorama function, you will be able to capture and overlay consecutive vertical/horizontal pictures, and then add filter effects with the help of its Creative Control.
- This QUAD-proof tough camera has particularly been introduced for an active lifestyle.
- Its Mega O.I.S. Camera Lens automatically manages blurring caused by movements of hand-shake and it can produce clear and sharp images by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times/second.
- This rugged camera comes with dustproof, shockproof (to 1.5 m/5 ft), freezeproof (to -10 C/14 F) feature along with waterproof feature (to 8 meter/ 56 ft.).
- Panasonic LUMIX waterproof digital camera can easily control red color reproduction with Advanced Underwater Mode to produce more natural underwater pictures.
- You can record dynamic videos in 1280*720 pixels just simply pushing its independent motion picture button. This button allows users to switch instantly from video to image shooting. For enjoying time-lapse shooting, go for Panasonic LUMIX waterproof digital camera.
- Torchlight enables users to record attractive videos even in dusky underwater situations.
4. AKASO EK7000 4K Wi-Fi Sports Action Waterproof Camera
Now you are going to be introduced with ultra HD 170 degree wide-angle camcorder which enables you to capture 30 fps/ 1080p 60 fps and 4K 25 fps/2.7K videos. Read AKASO EK7000 Waterproof Camera’s specifications and then decide whether you can go for it.
- It comes with a wireless remote control mode with a 2.4G wrist remote for taking underwater snaps in a new way.
- You can instantly share your photos and videos with your tablets or smartphones with help of in-built Wi-Fi in AKASO EK7000 action camera.
- 170 degree wide angle lens will enable users to capture a wide angle view.
- It has a 2.0 LCD type display. This camera can shoot 12 MP burst pictures.
You will be provided with accessories like one waterproof case, two clip, seven mount, one helmet mount, five tethers, one bicycle stand, one protective backdoor to have a great experience of snorkeling.
5. Fujifilm Waterproof FinePix XP140 Digital Camera
Here is another waterproof camera for snorkeling. Just have a look at it.
- ISO 100-12800 allows users to shoot photos with lots of light and extremely fast speed of shutter.
- This camera is waterproof up to 82ft., freeze proof up to 14 degree Fahrenheit and shockproof up to 5.39 ft.
- Its new Smile Shatter feature automatically snaps photos. After choosing this mode you don’t have to miss any perfect photo.
- Fujifilm Waterproof FinePix XP140 Digital Camera has 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor with primary color filter feature and users can perfectly capture the crucial moments of snorkeling with it.
If it suits all your demands, you can buy it. You will be glad to know that its low energy technology allows instant and automatic photo transfer to tablets or smartphones by easy pairing registration.
6. RICOH WG-60 Red Waterproof Camera
It comes with a high performance image processing engine that will enable you to record your underwater experience with all details. Here its other specifications.
- Back illuminated CMOS sensor is potent enough to boast high optical efficiency. Low noise pictures with a wide dynamic range are shot by RICOH WG-60 waterproof camera.
- Its underwater mode utilizes white balance for making the captured pictures more natural.
- RICOH WG-60 waterproof camera’s waterproofing is good for continuous use up to two hours at a 14 meter deep underwater.
- Users will get a chance to choose from 25 shooting modes. Settings can be changed as per the subject. Its auto-picture mode can identify the subject type and selects the appropriate mode accordingly.
- Color varieties are available from where you can choose from
- The digital microscope mode of RICOH WG-60 waterproof camera makes macro photo capture easy. Six LED ring lights can prevent blur by making shutter speed faster.
- This camera comes with a tough chassis, improved crush proofing, and its design is also easy to handle. Its optical sensor resolution is 16 MP.
7. Apeman A79 4K Action Camera
Here is another waterproof camera that you may buy for having a great experience of snorkeling. Read the features of Apeman A79 4K Action Camera here.
- This 20 MP 4K Action camera is capable enough of delivering ultra HD videos of 4K 30FPS resolution. Its EIS/IOS sensor can capture all of your snorkeling experience in a natural way.
- An external microphone is supported by this sports camera for recording the clear and more natural sound of better quality.
- It comes with multiple mounting kits that will allow you to shoot comfortably while snorkeling.
- You will have 2.4 G remote control within 10 meter range.
- With this 40 meter waterproof camera, you can enhance image stability as it has been designed with EIS advanced technology.
8. GoPro Hero 7 Camera
You will have hyper smooth video stabilization without the gimbal. This camera can predict users’ movements and correct the image capturing as required. For snapping smooth footage, you can rely on GoPro Hero7 Camera. Users don’t have to worry about time lapse whole moving about a scene as it has the HyperSmooth 2.0 video stabilization feature.
- This camera comes can shoot 12 MP super photos with RAW photo capture and improved HDR in all modes.
- GoPro Hero7 Camera is rugged+waterproof without a housing to 33ft.
- You will also like its voice control feature that enables you to command the camera with your voice and it will operate accordingly.
- You will have a live-streaming facility with this camera and share your story in social media instantly after the photo-shooting or video recording is completed.
9. Fujifilm FinePix XP130 Waterproof Digital Camera
Here is another model of Fujifilm that is also appropriate for having a great experience of snorkeling. Go through its specifications. Its 16.4 MP CMOS Sensor is potent enough to capture underwater pictures.
- The recently installed Bluetooth low energy technology will allow users to transfer images instantly and automatically to tablets or smartphones by easy pairing registration.
- This largest model of FujiFilm XP series is waterproof up to 65 ft and can bear shock up to 5.8 ft, freeze up to 14 degrees Fahrenheit and all these make it ideal for outdoor adventures.
- It comes with an eye detection mode that enables users to capture portraits quite easily by automatically focusing on the subject’s eye.
- You can shoot up to 1920*1080 pixel full HD video and its dedicated movie recording button makes mode changing easily with a single touch.
- Fujifilm FinePix XP130 Waterproof Digital Camera can freeze action up to 320 fps. So you can capture every important detail of your snorkeling experience and you can watch things occurring step by step in slow motion.
- You will like to know that this camera features Geo tagging capability.
- This camera has the capacity to record high speed movie at following sizes and speed:
- 120 fps (VGA 640*480 pixels)
- 320 fps (160*120 pixels)
- 240 fps (320*240 pixels)
- You can create distinctive photo effects by choosing any of the eleven filters and in case of movie recording, you can make use of seven advanced filters.
Go on exploring the mysterious underwater world with a waterproof camera that comes with advanced features and technology. Choose an easily portable camera that you will carry while snorkeling to record exciting underwater events.